Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Fake Blood Research

I plan to use blood for the opening sequence. I used this website (http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/lab/experiments/fake-blood-recipes) to do my research on how fake blood is created and what I can do to change its appearance to better suit the purpose of the blood.
The most common recipe for fake blood is using corn syrup, water, and red and green food coloring. However many argue that simply just this does not look like blood. Adding cornstarch to the mixture makes the blood lose its transparency. Adding chocolate syrup to the mixture is typically done for black-and-white films since the color isn't exactly red but the appearance looks darker. I will not be using a lot of chocolate syrup for my mixture, since my opening will not be filmed in black-and-white, but I will use as little as I can to make the blood seem more realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment