Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Licensing Request

In order to gain permission to use the intended and almost necessary instrumental to play over my opening, First, I found a privacy inquiry form for UMG. After getting a response from UMG letting me know that they do not own the rights to the song, Kobalt Music Publishing does, I had to look for their email. Then, I emailed Contact.USA@KobaltMusic.com, publishers of the song that inspired my opening, to ask permission to use the song. The content of my email was the following: “Hi, my name is William Murphy. I am making an opening for a film in my AICE Media Studies class. I would like to use ‘The Resurrection of Scott Mescudi’ in the opening. I am requesting permission to use this song in the opening. I am not selling this opening for profit and am only using it for school. Get back to me as soon as you can. Thank you!” They’re response was “Hi Billy, if the use is for educational purpose in the classroom setting only it would be considered fair use. If you would like to license the song for any other media let me know.” Now with their approval, I can finish the editing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment